Monday 27 June 2011

A quick update!

Shock horror almost three weeks since my last post!  however, on the stitching front things have been progressing.  After finishing the Three Tulips Humbug I started Lady Scarlet's Secret Garden, also by Just Nan. what with one thing and another I've had a couple of disturbed stitching weeks so I can't tell you how long it took to stitch. However, I can tell you that the finishing took an evening.  Here is the needle book before finishing.


Here it is made up and inside Lady Scarlet.


The back has a the same design but in a different colour.  Here it is.


Last week I went on a school trip to the University of Manchester. Whilst travelling to and from the event I began a DMC mini kit. I did a little bit more on it yesterday after wearing myself out tiding the garden, on probably the hottest day of the year so far.  The subject of this project?


At 'The Railway' this weekend I was able to put a few stitches into my Tuscan Gardens UFO. There really isn't that much to do on this one and with another 'Other Railway Weekend coming up I have high hopes that this will soon be finished.  This week it's the turn of White Nights. I did make some progress on this last week but not enough to show.  So to finish here is Tuscan Gardens.


Happy stitching!

7 comments:

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Lady Scarlet turned out so pretty! I love the Just Nan Bird.. Glad to see you working on a snowman during the warm weather. lol Your stitching looks great !

wendy111 said...

What a gorgeous needlekeep, very pretty. I love seeing the detail in Tuscan garden appearing as you do the backstitching.

mdgtjulie said...

Everything looks great Jen. Love the flower's colors. They're beautiful!

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely finish. Great new start and lovely progress on Tuscan Gardens.

Justflo said...

Just Nan looks lovely, so do your Tuscan Gardens. Hope your snowman doesn't melt in out couple of days of Summer!!

Hope you have a good time at 'the other railway'

Looking forward to seeing White Nights update.

grannyanne said...

The Just Nan is lovely. I wonder if she will bring out another box this year? Snowman coming on too. Looking forward to seeing White Kinghts.

natalysneedle said...

Lovely Just Nan finish. Her pieces are so delicate.