Tuesday 29 September 2009

Mary returns

Although I have been stitching on Mary Wigham for the last few Sundays I have not posted any pictures as progress was not as great as it should have been. Here she is:

Mary Wigham SAL
I have made a small start on the vase of flowers, bottom left.

My handbag project has been a biscornu for October. I wanted to do one with a breast cancer awareness theme so after looking at the Stitch Pink blog I found a design which I thought I could change into a biscornu.

Breast Cancer Biscornu
The chart is a freebie by Romy in Austria and you can get it on the Stitch Pink blog's sidebar. I have stitched this on 32ct Belfast Linen, pearl flecked white, with DMC99 and DMC605. In real life,that is, without flash photography, the DMC99 looks more pink than this.

I also want to do a Halloween themed biscornu, also for October and a the moment it is a toss up between modifying the Just Nan Boo needle book.


Or doing this one from Faby Reilly


You can order this chart here.

Then again I might just do both!

4 comments:

grannyanne said...

MW is really coming along. I expect the centre part will take less time. I like the idea of the pink biscornu and hope some of your other members use the idea too. With the Hallowe'en go for both but I must confess I do like Faby's design.

Justflo said...

Congrats on finishing the outside of your MW,it's looking good. Your Breast Cancer biscornu is very pretty and I'm sure it will look lovely when completed. I hope many others take up the idea.
Go for both Halloweenies. that way you don't have to choose. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Happy stitching.

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

What great stitching!

Carolyn NC said...

MW looks beautiful - wonderful stitching!