Tuesday 12 May 2009

More finishes!

So today I can heave a huge sigh of relief! The last of the 75 pieces of A Level coursework marking I mentioned back in March got done today. The last candidate only gave their's in this morning! All 75 will be in the post first thing tomorrow to be at the exam board by their Friday deadline. HOORAY my office at work now has clear surfaces and there are no piles of work on the floor, on windowsills, under chairs or anywhere else I could think of to store them prior to posting.

OK, so back to the more interesting finishes of the stitching kind. Last weekend I finished the pin-cube, the latest SAL from Stitch Creations.

Pin Cube
I also made fantastic progress on the June Calendar. This is the first time I have posted a finished item without some other WIP photos as there wasn't much progress made at the time of my last post on this one, maybe one letter and part of the boat.

June Calendar
So back on the rotation this week is 'When Barnabee Met Bella' by Just Nan. Last night I managed to complete all of the green.

When Barnabee Met Bella
I also took the plunge and signed up for the Papillon Creations SAL 'Castles in the Air'. I am probably going to do it on 28 count antique white linen. This is my choice of colours.

Floss Toss

7 comments:

Maisie Moonshine said...

OK, Ok enough with the finishes - some of us aren't even getting to the starts - too much virtual stuff going on! Glad you got the course work off your to do list enjoy the peace of mind!

Pauline said...

Lovely stitching!

Justflo said...

You must now have got a jet-propelled needle. I've signed up for Castles in the Air as well- but haven't yet thought as far as colours. It may end up on your UFO site-that is if it can be on there when it isn't even started!! Your Barnabee Met Bella has made speedy progress and June is has just Bust out All Over. Happy stitching.

Mel said...

Glad to hear that you've got some reprieve at work now! :)

So excited that you are going to join us for the Papillon SAL! :)
Your colours look great, can't wait to see your first stitches.

Cindy F. said...

Whew! I know you're breathing easier now:)
Your cube turned out so pretty!
Love June and your WBMB pieces!!
Great floss choices:)

Mel said...

Hi Jen,
I have posted a gift for you on my blog if you want to take a quick look. ;)

Yoyo said...

I sort of agree with Maisie Moonshine, lots of finishes around here...which of course is a good thing. Love your pin block, I have about half of it stitched and probably won't get back to it this month with obligation stitching in the way. The calendar piece is cute and it looks 'finished' are you doing something with each piece?