Monday 16 March 2009

Another biscornu finish!

Whilst at 'The Railway' this weekend I was able to finish the Valentine's biscornu. Here it is



I was also able to start the Thistle biscornu designed by Sharon (The Purple Thread). I'm doing this on lilac linen using the left over silks from the Spring Arbor. I was getting on like the proverbial house on fire when last night at ten o'clock I noticed that I had made a MASSIVE mistake. I ended up having to frog half of the front side. Not a happy bunny, as they say. What has made things even worse is the fact I am using left overs, I had to raid the ort jar to get sufficient silk to finish certain colours. Anyway I am almost back on track now.


This week it's the turn of White Nights. I'm hoping to finish part 1! I think Sitchery Doo is starting the Hawaiian Mandala this week so we will be having our own mini SAL!

5 comments:

Maisie Moonshine said...

HOW can you stitch so quickly? I love your Biscornu they're fab - your bowl is going to be gorgeous when it's full and it will be fun to sort through all the different designs - a lovely touchy-feely piece of art work as well as "eye candy". We'll have to come and visit so I can play nice!

Yoyo said...

That beautiful bowl is going to be filling up nicely. I really like this Valentine Biscornu, your fabric is perfect!

Cindy F. said...

Jen, your biscornu is gorgeous! and beautifully finished! I love it!

And great new start too!

Clover Autrey said...

Was googling "the sweetheart tree" and landed on your blog. Wanted to say that you have some very lovely things here.

Jeanie said...

The valentine biscornu is so pretty :)